Summer has just started and I can not wait until I can truly enjoy my porch. One of the best ways you can bring color to your porch is to buy plain terracotta pots and paint them. This can add so much personality to your porch or your backyard. The best part is that it is cheap! And it’s a fun activity for everyone in the family. I love this DIY because it is simple but it adds a chic and stand-out decor to your home. With these pots, you do not have to put them outside. They will look amazing in your kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom. Just choose a color palette before you start. It is the hardest part for me. It is a super fun DIY that does not take up much time.
- Terracotta pots
- Paint Brushes
- Pencils, Marker and stencils ( only if you want to make stencils)
- Make sure your pots are dry and ready to paint.
- Apply two layers of gesso or paint that has primer.
- When applying paint make sure all your strokes are in the same directions.
- OH YEAH! It is time for the fun part get out your markers and paint and start your design.
- Before you put the pots outside or near a window make sure it the paint is dry. Enjoy!
- Optional – Add soil and grow flowers or try adding rocks and growing a succulent plant!
I am sure that was not very hard. I have had so much fun this weekend painting my different pots. And it helps to fill my balcony with life. I would recommend this DIY to everyone. It is so simple but it really makes a difference. I know my pots are not perfect but that’s the fun of it all. Enjoy painting!