Who likes pumpkin treats? Kristal likes pumpkin treats! I do, I do, I dooo! I love pumpkin and even though it is available all year long, I only have it in the fall time. The texture and flavor of pumpkins reminds me of fall. It’s the official flavor mascot for fall. As I am walking through the mall and my mouth starts to water, I got a whiff of cinnamon rolls hot right out of the oven. I had to be held back from buying one. But then, moments later, I smelled fresh pumpkin cookies and it was game over. It got me thinking pumpkin cinnamon rolls sound so good. Now do not be like me and run to the store and starting buying flour and fresh cinnamon to make the cinnamon rolls from scratch. After the second attempt at creating this recipe and the third trip to the store, I have constructed a 30 minute recipe. Yes, I said 30 minutes and it is easy to make for new cooks. This is a fun activity you can do with everyone. Grab the kids, significant other, family, and friends. I prefer to serve them right out of the oven so the cream cheese icing can mesh and melt onto the buns. No need to take them out of the pan they won’t last.
- 12 oz package of crescent rolls
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon of pumpkin spice (optional)
Cream Cheese frosting
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1 ½ unsalted soft butter
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- I tablespoon of almond milk (regular milk)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. I prefer to use a circle pan and to use a cooking spray to grease the pan.
- Detangle the crescent roll and spread out on the counter. Press it down in the corners to seal it together.
- Combine and mix the puree, cinnamon, and brown sugar in a bowl. Take that mixture and spread it evenly over the crescent dough.
- Begin at one end of the dough and roll the dough into a log or any shape. Mine was not even but it all tastes great.
- Bake for 10- 22 minutes, depends on your oven. You want to make sure it is golden brown.
- Allow your treats to bake. While they are baking take a dance break because you are that much closer to finishing.
- Back on a serious note. Combine all of the ingredients for the cream cheese and whisk it all together until it is combined
- As soon as that lovely timer goes off, take it out of the oven, and drizzle the frosting all over. Please be generous. (Optional sprinkle the pumpkin spice of the top.)
- Most important step. Surround yourself with people and enjoy every bit and remember: no need to take it out of pan. Let everybody grab a fork and dig in!